A Piece of Rembrandt:
Creating Painterly Portraits
By Letha Imboden
Timeless, artistic and filled with your voice as an artist. Creating painterly portraits adds an entirely different dimension to your images. With the use of wardrobe, contrast, highlights and shadows I take you on a journey through history exploring a few old master painters while utilizing a few techniques in a contemporary way in both a studio surrounding and an outdoor setting.
Together we will fully edit images from our behind the scenes videos, showing you a few tips and tricks to fully enhance a painterly feel to your portrait.
I take you on a very detailed painterly editing tour including very simple steps in both Lightroom and Photoshop making this course ideal for any level of photographer.
For Any Level Photographer
(Beginner to Advanced)
What will you learn
- - What gear and camera settings I use to create powerful and painterly images
- How To Create a basic painterly look simply using:
- Camera settings
- 2 Behind the Scenes Videos in two different settings:
- Full editing videos
- Adjusting shadows/highlights
- Presets/color profiles
- Utilizing PS tools
- A deeper understanding of old master painters and their though process and how to use these techniques in a modern way
- About me, what’s in my camera bag, shooting style
- What I use to edit with
- A look into old master painters
- Planning your painterly session
- Colors, textures, wand location
- Styling from wardrobe to props
- Camera settings to create a painterly feel
- Finding and using the light and shadows during your session
- - 100+ page downloadable PDF Course
- Full edit of a handful of images taken from our BTS videos
- Videos are available in Closed Captioning
"Without atmosphere a painting is nothing." - Rembrandt
Oh my word. Annie was AMAZING! I went into this mentorship hoping to gain a bit more insight into editing and session flow but had no idea I was going to walk away with as much new knowledge as I was given. Thank you SO so much!
I was so excited to see my girl Annie teaching with BEC. I did an editing mentorship with Annie a year ago in 2021 and she has grown so much in her craft- that now I wanted to learn from her! I believe in education and that we all have something so magical to offer. Annie is the queen at in home newborn sessions. Although I feel pretty comfortable in my in home newborns-I wanted to soak in a little of her brain because every post I am ooooing and awing at her photos. My goal was to see how she processes her session workflow. I LOVED her mention of outdoor shots of the home. I think it's easy to get hung up on not moving around a space and she really shows how much variety a gallery can have with the amount of space and environment is available! Highly recommend this course for anyone who needs a little inspiration to get out and shoot a lifestyle newborn session!
Oh my goodness! I am so glad I purchased this! It is going to be a game changer! If you're up in the air about purchasing anything from Nicole don't think about it just do it! I have no doubt this will help me grow on my photography journey! Thank you Nicole!
I am so thankful for this course. I really love how Nicole teaches, it's so easy to follow and her tips have been amazing! I 1000% would recommend this course to anyone! Oh and the presets and brushes are " chefs kiss " 💋
Love love love this course! So excited I got it! This takes my photography to the next level! Thank you for doing this!
No Reviews Yet? Leave a Review!