Using Layers to Create Dimension
By Theresa Sherron
This course is for the photographers who want that storytelling feel to their photos but not sure how to create it! This course goes into why I layer with dimension in my sessions and create a natural flow and feel to the images. Layering can come from styling and clothing, yes, but to create a feel where your eyes go into an image and looking into it and not at it, creates a feeling and emotion, which comes from layering your clients (positioning them correctly) during the session. It is so important to know why you are doing this and not because "everyone does". You need to feel comfortable in the decisions you are making and creating a comfortable workflow during your sessions to make sure your clients are feeling comfortable and at ease trusting YOU and YOUR VISION with your style of art.
A lot of photographers tend to do the "layering method" because that's what they visually see other photographers do.
But really, WHY are we doing this?
This is something I've been doing for years and created a reason why in my head that I am excited to explain to you and make you feel more COMFORTABLE and have an easier workflow during your sessions!
- Explore why we layer our clients
- Explore how to create a organic flow to your sessions
- Explore how to have your clients more comfortable during a storytelling session
- Create feeling in our art
What will you learn
- - You will see a BTS of me controlling a session with layering VERY naturally.
- You will see how I direct but NOT POSE in any way with these sessions.
- You will see how natural it is for me to work with multiple kids for layering.
- You will see how comfortable mom is TRUSTING me and my work.
- We will discuss how to make it ORGANIC for you.
- We will discuss WHY of it.
- We will discuss what settings work best for a storytelling feel with layering.
- We will also go over layering with objects in front of your camera
- We will also go over layering with pieces of clothing and jewelry that can create a deeper mood.
- I will also take you into Lightroom and photoshop to show you how i work with the clients who are layered in the background & how I make it feel organic for me when editing it - to create a feel for the image
- - PDF GUIDE with helpful tips!
- Workflows for your clients to create an organic feel
-30 mins of lightroom editing for dimension
- 30 min of photoshop editing for dimension
- Chat with me videos!
- BTS VIDEO
- Why layering with pieces of clothing can help create more dimension and more