Using Layers to Create Dimension
By Theresa Sherron
This course is for the photographers who want that storytelling feel to their photos but not sure how to create it! This course goes into why I layer with dimension in my sessions and create a natural flow and feel to the images. Layering can come from styling and clothing, yes, but to create a feel where your eyes go into an image and looking into it and not at it, creates a feeling and emotion, which comes from layering your clients (positioning them correctly) during the session. It is so important to know why you are doing this and not because "everyone does". You need to feel comfortable in the decisions you are making and creating a comfortable workflow during your sessions to make sure your clients are feeling comfortable and at ease trusting YOU and YOUR VISION with your style of art.
A lot of photographers tend to do the "layering method" because that's what they visually see other photographers do.
But really, WHY are we doing this?
This is something I've been doing for years and created a reason why in my head that I am excited to explain to you and make you feel more COMFORTABLE and have an easier workflow during your sessions!
- Explore why we layer our clients
- Explore how to create a organic flow to your sessions
- Explore how to have your clients more comfortable during a storytelling session
- Create feeling in our art
For Any Level Photographer
(Beginner to Advanced)
What will you learn
- - You will see a BTS of me controlling a session with layering VERY naturally.
- You will see how I direct but NOT POSE in any way with these sessions.
- You will see how natural it is for me to work with multiple kids for layering.
- You will see how comfortable mom is TRUSTING me and my work.
- We will discuss how to make it ORGANIC for you.
- We will discuss WHY of it.
- We will discuss what settings work best for a storytelling feel with layering.
- We will also go over layering with objects in front of your camera
- We will also go over layering with pieces of clothing and jewelry that can create a deeper mood.
- I will also take you into Lightroom and photoshop to show you how i work with the clients who are layered in the background & how I make it feel organic for me when editing it - to create a feel for the image
- - PDF GUIDE with helpful tips!
- Workflows for your clients to create an organic feel
-30 mins of lightroom editing for dimension
- 30 min of photoshop editing for dimension
- Chat with me videos!
- BTS VIDEO
- Why layering with pieces of clothing can help create more dimension and more
“Art should be something that liberates your soul, provokes the imagination and encourages people to go further.” – Keith Haring
Oh my word. Annie was AMAZING! I went into this mentorship hoping to gain a bit more insight into editing and session flow but had no idea I was going to walk away with as much new knowledge as I was given. Thank you SO so much!
I was so excited to see my girl Annie teaching with BEC. I did an editing mentorship with Annie a year ago in 2021 and she has grown so much in her craft- that now I wanted to learn from her! I believe in education and that we all have something so magical to offer. Annie is the queen at in home newborn sessions. Although I feel pretty comfortable in my in home newborns-I wanted to soak in a little of her brain because every post I am ooooing and awing at her photos. My goal was to see how she processes her session workflow. I LOVED her mention of outdoor shots of the home. I think it's easy to get hung up on not moving around a space and she really shows how much variety a gallery can have with the amount of space and environment is available! Highly recommend this course for anyone who needs a little inspiration to get out and shoot a lifestyle newborn session!
Oh my goodness! I am so glad I purchased this! It is going to be a game changer! If you're up in the air about purchasing anything from Nicole don't think about it just do it! I have no doubt this will help me grow on my photography journey! Thank you Nicole!
I am so thankful for this course. I really love how Nicole teaches, it's so easy to follow and her tips have been amazing! I 1000% would recommend this course to anyone! Oh and the presets and brushes are " chefs kiss " 💋
Love love love this course! So excited I got it! This takes my photography to the next level! Thank you for doing this!
No Reviews Yet? Leave a Review!