Using Layers to Create Dimension
By Theresa Sherron
What to expect
This course is for the photographers who want that storytelling feel to their photos but not sure how to create it! This course goes into why I layer with dimension in my sessions and create a natural flow and feel to the images. Layering can come from styling and clothing, yes, but to create a feel where your eyes go into an image and looking into it and not at it, creates a feeling and emotion, which comes from layering your clients (positioning them correctly) during the session. It is so important to know why you are doing this and not because "everyone does". You need to feel comfortable in the decisions you are making and creating a comfortable workflow during your sessions to make sure your clients are feeling comfortable and at ease trusting YOU and YOUR VISION with your style of art.
A lot of photographers tend to do the "layering method" because that's what they visually see other photographers do.
But really, WHY are we doing this?
This is something I've been doing for years and created a reason why in my head that I am excited to explain to you and make you feel more COMFORTABLE and have an easier workflow during your sessions!
- Explore why we layer our clients
- Explore how to create a organic flow to your sessions
- Explore how to have your clients more comfortable during a storytelling session
- Create feeling in our art
What you will learn
- You will see a BTS of me controlling a session with layering VERY naturally.
- You will see how I direct but NOT POSE in any way with these sessions.
- You will see how natural it is for me to work with multiple kids for layering.
- You will see how comfortable mom is TRUSTING me and my work.
- We will discuss how to make it ORGANIC for you.
- We will discuss WHY of it.
- We will discuss what settings work best for a storytelling feel with layering.
- We will also go over layering with objects in front of your camera
- We will also go over layering with pieces of clothing and jewelry that can create a deeper mood.
- I will also take you into Lightroom and photoshop to show you how i work with the clients who are layered in the background & how I make it feel organic for me when editing it - to create a feel for the image
Theresa is the best!!! She breaks things down so simply, and helps your photos go not just to the next level, but to the top level! Cant recommend her enough!!
Absolutely loved this course and did a session just a few weeks later! I even reached out to AnneMarie afterward for some pointers on lighting. She messaged me back and answered all my questions! Highly recommend!!
This course is a MUST! It is tailored to all skill levels. Nicole is so detail oriented and makes it very easy to follow along. I highly recommend this course to everyone!
Gaahhh! Nicole's course is amazing! I am already a big fan of her other courses and also did a mentorship with her. I love that as she learns new techniques and improves her skills, she continues to share her knowledge with others. Her new painterly preset that comes with this course is amazing and has been a great base paired with her brushes for creamy beautiful skin tones. I can't recommend this course and others from Nicole enough! <3
I am just at the beginning of the course and already WOWED. The attention to detail, the step-by-step that lets me follow along, makes a world of a difference. I am learning so much about Lightroom already. Nicole is also just so soothing to listen to! I am such a fan girl, and can't get enough of her content. This course is a MUST <3
I LOVED this course! I am wanting to offer Fresh 48 sessions
This course was incredible!!! I loved that it offered practical tips for how to approach fresh 48 sessions as well as tangible examples of how AnnaMarie edits. The BTS videos were also super helpful in seeing how a successful session goes. Highly recommend!
This is a great course for those who are just starting out growing their business and may need guidance on how to connect with clients and design a basic questionnaire. Amber's work is gorgeous and the editing videos add some creative options for newer photographers. If you are a seasoned photographer, you would likely find this course a bit too basic for your needs. I would definitely recommend this for beginners.
Easy to read and oh so helpful. Erica sparked my creative side and helped me realize what I need to do and how to go about it. The Hustle has helped me with another business that is not photography. Sometimes you need to be pointed in the right direction and Erica does this very well.
This course was jam packed with such good information I put into practice immediately while reading through! The game changers for me were setting up my profile info which increased inquiries and better understanding my analytics! I have gone back to reference many times!
This is not my first Brianna course. I wondered if it was worth the time and money to purchase another of hers and HOLY COW YES! I basically will be throwing away all of my photos before this course. Okay, maybe not, but I will go back for re edits. I’ve had so many photos that felt like man this has so much potential but I can’t quite figure out what it’s missing. This course fills in those gaps. 10/10 recommend (and the Lightroom/photoshop presets and actions are just perfection!)
OMG THANK YOU!!! I've learned so much about spending up or cutting down my editing process. Everything was described and broken down so well, which made is so easy to follow. I've learned so much in this course and I can't thank you enough!!!
No Reviews Yet? Leave a Review!
- PDF GUIDE with helpful tips!
- Workflows for your clients to create an organic feel
-30 mins of lightroom editing for dimension
- 30 min of photoshop editing for dimension
- Chat with me videos!
- BTS VIDEO
- Why layering with pieces of clothing can help create more dimension and more
- What you should be doing when advertising to create trust with your clients questionnaires
**Presets NOT included**